Monday, August 5, 2013

Family reunion weekend!

It's been a few days since I have been here..  I have been at my family reunion for the weekend.  This was super difficult due to eating all raw foods.   I do have to say my family was really supportive of me and I really appreciated it.  The hardest time must have been when they had pot luck bacon and potatoes, BBQ chicken and peach cobbler.  I planned ahead by making some yummy raw almond joy treats and bought some raw meals at Gingers cafe in Springville, Utah.  

I was surprised that many of my siblings tried the raw treats and actually liked them..  :)
This showed me that all things are possible!
Eating raw food has helped me heal emotionally and I feel so much better than I did in the past.
So onward with the journey...  today is day 17!

Although I have not lost any weight so far I have lost inches.  I revived a compliment today "you look smaller"... this made my day!  

I went to dinner tonight with my son to a local Mexican restaurant casa veda I believe its called.  I struggled with not eating the chips and salsa and chips with the tropical guacamole, however they were super nice and prepared me a low temp fajita with onions, peppers and pineapple that was divine and considered raw due to the temperature..  It was Delicious!  So thankful for everyone's support!

No comments:

Post a Comment