Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 8

Today I had a migraine, and felt hungry all day for some reason.  Luckily I made a lot of yummy things today.  For lunch we had zucchini shredded warmed with tomato juice on top!
I also spend some time meditating.  

For dinner Lettuce wraps. 
I chopped up the veges and saute just a little on the stove with some olive oil on 1 or 2 temperature level because I still wanted it raw, I didn't let the temperature get over 120 degrees.
Celery 3 stalks, carrots 3, zucchini 3 small, onion  1 small one,
you can put mushrooms but I dont really care for them so I choose not to. 
Then I put cut ice-burg lettuce in half and used them as bowls for the wraps.
was so yummy! 

I also made raw granola bars-
6 cups oats
3 T. ground flax seed
1 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla powder  or 1 1/2 tsp liquid vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cup Adams or raw peanut butter
2 T. chia seed, poppy seed

Stir all together and either roll into balls or press into a pan.  store in a fridge or the freezer.
I added a little coconut and raw chocolate chips. 

Thin mint brownies
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1 1/2 cup dates
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
a few drops peppermint oil
combine all ingredients using a food processor or blender

I also made frosting
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
stir all ingredients together and pour over brownies and chill for 1/2 hr or so.. cut into squares and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. all of these were all good, I experienced them first hand :)

    ReplyDelete